Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Dhampus
21km: Chomrong (2300 m) to Dhampus (1730m)
42km: Annapurna Basecamp (4130 m) to Dhampus (1730m)
21km: 0600 hrs, 3 June 2018
42km: 0600 hrs, 3 June 2018
Early Bird: 10:00 16 October 2017 ~ 23:59 31 December 2017
Secondary: January 1st, 2018 ~ until closing
※ FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE in order of application fee acceptance
Event Information Details
※ Contents are partially subject to change
|Full Marathon||Half Marathon||Trekking|
|Start Location||ABC (4130m)||Chomrong (2300m)||N/A|
|Finish Location||Dhampus (1730m)||Dhampus (1730m)||N/A|
|Total Elevation Gain||1964m||1115m||N/A|
|Event Date||29 May 2018 - 4 June 2018||29 May 2018 - 4 June 2018||29 May 2018 - 4 June 2018|
|Event Days||7 days||7 days||7 days|
|Race Date||3 June 2018||3 June 2018||N/A|
|Cut-off Time(COT)||12hrs @ 6pm||6hrs @ 12pm||N/A|
|Entry Fees||Early bird <31 December 2017 :USD1350 |
|Early bird <31 December 2017 :USD1250 |
|Early bird <31 December 2017 :USD550 |
|Runner's Entitlement|| Event Tee|
| Event Tee|
※ Contents are partially subject to change
|Day||Date||Day||Time (Hrs)||Full Marathon||Half Marathon/Trekker|
|1||29 May 2018||Tuesday||1000-1800|
|2||30 May 2018||Wednesday||0700-1700|
|3||31 May 2018||Thursday||0700-1500|
|4||1 June 2018||Friday||0700-1500|
|5||2 June 2018||Saturday||0700-1600|
|6||3 June 2018||Sunday||0600-1800|
|7||4 June 2018||Monday||1200|
*Remark: B/L/D = Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
※ Checkpoints and water stations are subject to change
※ Checkpoints and amenities are subject to change.
※ Each item needs to be present before the run. The organizer has the rights to refuse runners who are unable to show the mandatory items at the beginning of the race.
- Mobile phone + Nepal Telecom SIM (Recommended)
Rewards & Prizes
※ Each Top 3 winners in their category will receive cash prizes with a trophy and cash vouchers.
- All finishers will receive a race e-certificate within 7 days after the race.
※ Runners will receive an event t-shirt and finisher t-shirt upon completion of the marathon. Trekkers will receive an event t-shirt during the event.
※ The entry fee for the event, ex Pokhara, is inclusive and covers the following:
- Nepalese government royalty fees
- All trek organizational requirements
- All trekking permits
- TIMS Card (Trekker Information Management System Card)
- Ground transport and accommodation (7 days 6 nights) in lodges ex Pokhara
- All trek staff, including porter support. Porter Bag Max weight =10kg/pax. (You only carry a daypack).
- Total 15 meals – breakfast/lunch/dinner (Refer event schedule). Only vegetarian meals provided beyond Chomrong.
- Gratuities to guides and Sherpa staff
- Race Entry Bib
- Goodie Bag
- Event Tee for all participants
- Finisher Tee & Medal for OFFICIAL FINISHER ONLY
- Aid Station & Medic support during the race.
- Event’s public liability insurance
※ Note: Official lodgings could change at Organizer’s discretion.
- Airport Transfers
- Air or ground travel to and from Pokhara.
- Air travel to and from Nepal
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Kathmandu
- Purchases of bottled water while on the trek, gifts or alcohol
- Personal expenses such as laundry, battery charging & showers at lodges
- Entry visas for Nepal (suggest getting 14-day tourist visa for Nepal on arrival into Kathmandu)
- Visa Online: http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
- Personal clothing and equipment including sleeping bag for Lodge and Base Camp use
- Personal medical insurance
- Any rescue costs or costs of early departure from the expedition
※ Entry fees are not refundable but transferable. All entry transfers must be requested at least 2 weeks before the event. The last date of transfer is 21 May 2018. All transfer request before 21st May 2018 will be charged with USD50 dollars per entry, and the requests beyond this date will be charged with USD200.
※ Here are the following rules that govern the participants of Annapurna Mountain Marathon 2018:
- Participants of all race distances must be at least 18 years of age on race day. Age is calculated by 2018 minus your birth year.
- Race briefing is on 2nd June 2018 at the race venue and is MANDATORY for 42km & 21km. Sign in sheets need to be filled out. In case of non-attendance, runners will receive a time penalty of 30 minutes.
17:30 – 18:30 English language briefing.
- We care for the environment, no paper cups during the race. Bring your own cup/hydration system for a refill.
- Runners must stay on the marked course. Shortcuts are not permitted. If you get lost, please return to the last sighted marking.
- If first aid assistance is needed on the course, go to the nearest checkpoint indicated on the race bib. Transportation will be arranged to retrieve you if needed.
- Outside assistance from friends & family members is only permitted at the checkpoints. No support is allowed on the course at any time. This can lead to disqualification of the runner.
- Mandatory gear must be carried at all times during the race. Runners will be checked randomly throughout the race. Failure to comply can lead to a time penalty or disqualification based on the severity of the breach.
- Please ensure the race bib (timing chip attached) is worn at all times during the race as individual time will be recorded at every checkpoint; by running pass all the chip-timing system mats. Otherwise, problems will occur with your time result, which may lead to disqualification.
- Bib number must be visible at the front NOT rear at all times.(BIB wearing instruction)
- Running with a bib number that does not belong to you or running the distance you did not register will lead to disqualification.
- If you choose to withdraw from the race, inform the nearest staff in the area. You are still required to get to the finish line as that is the only way to get you home.
- Runners must obey all directions from the course marshals and race organizer.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Violation of the rules will incur a time penalty or disqualification. Any such penalty is at the organizer’s discretion and is final.
Runner, who wishes to protest against an unfair judgment from any referee or protest against other runners, will have to submit a letter of request to the competition committee within 30 minutes after the race is finished, or after withdrawing from the race, and pay a protest fee of USD20. The fee will only be refunded if the request is successful. The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed. Any participants’ misconduct during the protest procedure may lead to expulsion from future Annapurna Mountain Marathon races.
※ Note: ANY VERBAL ABUSE OF MARSHALS, VOLUNTEERS OR RACE OFFICIALS IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.